Monday, August 14, 2017

Fresh Squeezed With Kara

Hey guys! How've ya been? It's Kara and I'm back to share a card with you today. This card design came together because, honestly, I wanted to make a mess!

I tend to keep my designs clean and simple, but these new Summer Citrus sets have me thinking of splashes of juice! I went through my WPlus9 stash and came across Milk & Cookies. These adorable bottles can be stamped to look like they're full of more than just milk. The fresh squeezed flag stamp in the set is perfect for this card too! I wanted the straws to look like they were inside the bottles so I stamped the rim of the bottle on them as well as the juice at the bottom. This way when I placed the straw on the bottle it didn't look like the straw was in front.  Adding the vellum over top adds to the look of the straw in the bottle. The juice is stamped in Hayride Dye Ink.

Now, I set aside my bottles, flag, and a few accents from Summer Citrus, and got on with the mess.  The best way I know how to create the look I was after is with Distress Inks.  I like to rub the ink cubes onto an acrylic block or craft mat and spritz it with water. I dipped my cardstock a few times in the Mustard Seed, drying in between. Once I was happy with that, I added some splatters with the Spiced Marmalade.

I added a few small black dots with one of my all time favorite little stamps from the Dream Believer stamp set.  I accented those with small black enamel dots.  I positioned my juice bottles on my card front and then went to work on my sentiment.  I loved the 'We're just better together' sentiment from Milk & Cookies.  I stamped it on a label cut with one of the new Basic Labels dies.  I added the Basic Greetings die cut 'friend' to finish it off.

Thanks so much for stopping by today.

Featured Supplies

For your convenience, here is a list of the featured Wplus9 supplies used on today's project(s), along with links to purchase.

5 comments:

  1. Wow..those bottles look really coolwitj vellum,loved the splash too :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kara!!! How wonderful, and juicy - and what a beautiful MESS!!! A new way of using my favorite vellum? yes, thank you! it made the most wonderful little bottles! Every element is fantastic... you've 'dotted the i' perfectly, in every way!
    =]

    ReplyDelete

Connect with us:

Follow Us on Pinterest