Sunday, November 13, 2016

Funny Santa Window Card with Yana

Hello everyone! This is Yana Smakula and today I have a simple one layer Holiday card to share featuring the funniest Santa Claus from the Santa’s Reindeer stamp set.

Instead of creating a usual “something on the front, something on the inside” card, I made mine into a window card with Santa peeking in from the inside.

I started by stamping Santa Claus, chimney, gift bag and “Ho Ho Ho” onto white cardstock. I used Cranberry Crush ink for the “Ho Ho Ho” and alcohol marker friendly ink in black for the rest.

After I did some quick coloring using Copics I cut these images out using the companion dies. (As always, all products will be listed and linked below.) Next I arranged them onto an A2 top folding card base made out of Dove Grey cardstock just to figure out the placement. I removed all pieces but the Santa, carefully placed the companion die over him and taped it to the base of the card. I needed to keep the Santa image in place to be able to best position the die and make the cut in the exact spot I wanted. I sent this thought my die cutting machine and cut Santa's silhouette out.

It is important to open the card before die cutting to cut the front only. If you keep the card closed you’ll end up cutting the front and the back, too.

I closed the card, added adhesive to my die cut and colored Santa and adhered him on the inside of the card using the die cut Santa silhouette window as a guide. I also stamped the "Fa La La La" sentiment on the inside.

I used foam adhesive and adhered the chimney, the sack with gifts and Ho Ho Ho around the die cut window making sure not to block it with adhesive.

Next I used my Mini MISTI and stamped "Merry" from the Hand Lettered Holiday stamp set in Cranberry Crush ink. I stamped it somewhat closer to the right hand side edge of my card. Next I added “sending” and “Christmas Wishes” in black ink.

Lastly, I stamped a bunch of snowflakes in Warm Wool ink and also added some white gel pen accents.

To add a bit of sparkle and shine I added a generous amount of Stickles Glitter Glue in Star Dust to the snow on the chimney and to my Santa.

Have fun stamping!

11 comments:

  1. Love this cutie Santa playing peek-a-boo! Have a great day. Cheers Donna Z :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Supe cute card! Love the idea of Santa being on the inside and showing through the front.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAha - so cute Yana, and what a great idea! Thank you for the tip too - about keeping the card open during the die cutting ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a fun card! Cute little Santa is just adorable. And the design is unusual and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Yana, this is way too cute! ♥ it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't know how I missed this, what an adorable idea!!

    ReplyDelete

Connect with us:

Follow Us on Pinterest