Friday, May 2, 2014

Epic All The Way

It's my last day on the WPlus9 blog, and this time I'd like to share a few 'epic' cards :)

I find myself quite fond of that particular word die from Epic Dad. Once I pulled it out of the package I didn't want to put it away. On the card below I used it to create a 'shadow word'.

I stamped the rays from the retired Super Star stamp set once on the panel and once on the die cut word, checking the alignment carefully. I also die cut the word with a strip of the pink cardstock at the bottom, it makes the further alignment a bit more fiddly but it's worth the fuss.

I stamped the word 'dad' from the same retired set, in Lake House Dye Ink and the rays + the sentiment above the rays in Wild Mango. The pattern from Borders and Backgrounds 4 was stamped at the bottom of the panel in black. I finished the card by adding a few diagonal strips of White cardstock to the card base.


Wplus9 Supplies:
Stamps: Borders & Backgrounds 4, Super Star // Ink: Lake House Dye Ink, Wild Mango Dye Ink // Dies: Epic Dad Die // Cardstock:White

I inked up Borders & Backgrounds 4 again here, in order to create a masked background on this stepped up one-layer card. I stamped the pieces in Sweet Gelato, Sweet Nectar, Bloomsberry and Silver Lining Dye Inks. Then I added a thin strip of black cardstock to the bottom of the card.

I pulled out the retired Super Star stamp set once again, to stamp the wording above and under the Epic Dad die cut. I also stamped the arrows from Cupid's Arrow to accentuate the word.

The word 'epic' was die cut once from white and once from black cardstock, and the pieces aligned to create a shadow.


I have one more card to share, this time I played with the Epic Dad stamp set and a whole lotta spray mists :)

I misted the panel first, and once dry I applied a thin layer of white gesso over some of the misted areas to mute down and grunge the colours. Then I stamped the sentiment, partly in black and partly in White Pigment Ink & Cranberry Crush Dye Ink. I stamped the outline in white first, and then the filling in red. The effect is subtle but makes enough of a statement.

I also stamped he word 'epic' a couple more times around the sentiment, using the secondary stamping technique - I stamped off some ink on scrap paper first, and then on the panel with the remaining ink, thus making a lighter impression. I used Appletini and Silver Lining Dye Inks for this.

I finished the card with some washi tape and a wood veneer star, which I smudged some more ink over.


Wplus9 Supplies:
Stamps: Epic Dad  //  Ink: Cranberry Crush Dye Ink, Appletini Dye Ink, Silver Lining Dye Ink, White Pigment Ink // Dies: Epic Dad Die // Cardstock: White

Thank you for joining me this week, I hope you had as much fun checking my cards out, as I had making them!

4 comments:

  1. Chupa - you are epic! And so are your cards... thanks for sharing =] Michele F.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely stunning Chupa! Your cards are always out of the box, inspirational and gorgeous - I have loved this week of your cards. TFS Ann:)

    ReplyDelete

Connect with us:

Follow Us on Pinterest