Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Baby Shower

Happy Tuesday all. I've got a quick post for you this evening...I'm not feeling the greatest, I think I'm coming down with a cold. But I took some Airborne and some DayQuil, so hopefully it won't be too bad.

For today's card, I paired the teddy from Wplus9's "Kisses and Cuddles" with the umbrella from Papertrey Ink's "Scattered Showers". I was pleasantly surprised to find that the bear is the perfect size for the umbrellas in that set (wish I could say that was intentional). I'm not completely happy with this card, I wish the teddy bear weren't so high. Maybe I'll make another one and make sure to move it down a bit. This sort of thing probably wouldn't happen if I actually sketched layouts instead of "winging it". LMAO

But I do like the color combo, Melon Mambo, Blush, White and Black and will probably be using it again soon. I also added a little background pattern using Wplus9's "Design Basics: Backgrounds I".

Thanks for stopping by today. I'll be back tomorrow with two of my favorite cards!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Project Supplies

Paper
Melon Mambo by Stampin' Up!; Vintage Cream and Blush by Papertrey Ink
Stamps
Kisses & Cuddles, Design Basics: Backgrounds I by Wplus9 Design Studio; Scattered Showers by Papertrey Ink
Ink
Black by Colorbox; Pretty in Pink craft ink, Melon Mambo classic ink by Stampin' Up!
Other
Raspberry Fizz buttons by Papertrey Ink; Border punch by Martha Stewart; Pearls generic from Michael's

12 comments:

  1. Wow Dawn, super gorgeous, I am not a pink fans but the card makes me felt pink :) I love every details of the card and also with the stamps (WOW), so perfectly crafted. Looking forward to your next 2 cards.

    Angeline

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute card. So nice to see how well YOUR sets work with sets from other companies. Makes them that more valuable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sooooo adorable! Love the colors, and that background stamping is totally fab! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How a-dorable...gotta love all the pink!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This card is so up my alley! Love how you paired the teddy bear with the umbrella- completely genius!

    I hope you feel better SOON! *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just way too cute! Love the polka dot teddy bear. She looks so adorable under the umbrella, what a great idea! Fab background too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sweet, sweet card. The little bear is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is perfect just the way it is Dawn.. I used some of the background stamps for an upcoming challenge blog post.. and I love it!!!! I am so in love with your stamps! hugs xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute card! I hope you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  10. super sweet card! LOVE IT!! hope you feel better soon! =)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is flippin' darling, friend! Such an adorable image to begin with, but I absolutely LOVE the way you made that darling lil' bear "rain proof!" Brilliant! {Have to have that punch - NOW!} You are fantastic, seriously! Such fun inspiration~ YEE HAW!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super cute! Love the little umbrella and that is a fabulous color combo!

    ReplyDelete

Connect with us:

Follow Us on Pinterest